International Workshop on Coastal Reservoirs
Innovative solutions to UN’s Sustainable Development Goal 6
Around the world, cities appear to be running out of water.
In reality, it is the water that is running out of the cities.
The Centre for Coastal Reservoir Research (CCRR) at the University of Wollongong will host the first International workshop on coastal reservoirs (CR) in collaboration with the International Association for Coastal Reservoir Research (IACRR).
Major cities around the world are actively pursuing coastal reservoirs as a sustainable solution to their water problems. CR is an innovative technology that can recover floodwater entering the sea without desalination.
This workshop invites water resources planners, researchers, engineers and scientists to review and assess the feasibility of coastal reservoirs in securing universal and equitable access to safe and affordable drinking water.
International Keynote Speakers
Listed in alphabetical order
CALL FOR ABSTRACT
Planners, researchers and engineers involved in the sustainable design and development of water resources, coastal and marine infrastructure are invited to submit abstracts (200 words)
Submit your abstract on the Abstract Submissions page.
The following list of topics is not exhaustive, and all abstracts falling within the general scope of the workshop will be considered:
- Water resources policy challenge & opportunities/blue economy;
- Coastal reservoirs design and development;
- Water quality modelling and management;
- Land reclamation, ground improvement and ground control in coastal engineering;
- Renewable energy technologies and Coastal infrastructure;
- Advanced composites for coastal infrastructure;
- Coastal wetland and sediment transport;
- Climate change impacts;
- Environmental and ecological aspects of coastal reservoirs;
- Water resources management.
• 8th December 2017 – Deadline for abstract submission
• 15th December 2017 – Notification of abstract acceptance
• 23rd December 2017 – Deadline for full paper submission (optional)
• 30th December 2017 – Notification of full paper acceptance
Date: 24th and 25th January 2018
Location: University of Wollongong
Northfields Ave, Wollongong NSW 2522
IACRR member Early Bird* AUD 900 Standard AUD 1000
Non-IACRR member Early Bird* AUD 1000 Standard AUD 1100
Full-time student** Early Bird* AUD 500 Standard AUD 600
*Early bird registration ends 22nd December 2017.
**Students are required to provide evidence supporting their enrolment status.
The organising committee invites interested parties to sponsor and exhibit at the
workshop, and make use of this unique opportunity to connect with leading industry
To register visit the Registration Page. For further information call Associate Professor,
Shu-Qing Yang on +61 2 4221 3070.